You may be aware that there are currently proposals to remove or provide limited funds for some of the play areas in Hitchin. Sadly this is also reflected across North Herts…
One thing we CAN do however, is show the council that these play areas are wanted, even needed, by the local community.
I confess I didn’t know where many of them were – many seem to be known only by those locals who use and love them.
So to help you, I’ve put together a map and some photos from some fab local people trying to do their bit to save their parks!
Play areas due to be removed
These play areas are due to be removed and landscaped back to grass:
- Brook View
- Dacre Road
- Symonds Rd
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”5″ gal_title=”Play Areas”]
Play areas with limited investment
These popular play areas in Hitchin will be kept (for now) under current plans but will have limited investment in the future.
- St Johns Recreation Ground
- Smithsons Recreation Ground
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”6″ gal_title=”Play Areas 2″]
What can you do?
- Fill in this petition organised by our local Lib Dem councillors
- Visit these play areas and share your photos via social media using the hashtag #NHDCsaveourparks.
- Let Jane Gray – NHDC Cabinet member for Leisure – know what you think via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow Save Our Parks – Hitchin on Facebook